Institute for Empirical Linguistics
Goethe University Frankfurt
September 4 and 5, 2023
Background and scope
We are enormously excited to announce that the 6th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics (ICKL-6) will be hosted by the Faculty of Linguistics, Cultures and Arts at Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany) on September 4 and 5, 2023.
The ICKL is a biannual conference serving as a forum of scientific exchange for linguists working on any aspect of Kurdish, including the interactions with its neighboring languages. We welcome contributions which address these issues from the perspectives of various subdomains of linguistics, such as sociolinguistics, descriptive and typologically-oriented analyses of phonology and morphosyntax, grammaticalization and historical development, formal approaches to the grammar, pragmatics, language acquisition, language contact, and corpus linguistics. ICKL is meant to provide an environment for collaboration, and a space to share
ideas big or small.
The ICKL-6 will be hosted in-person at Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany)
Prof. Geoffrey Khan, University of Cambridge
Prof. Geoffrey Haig, University of Bamberg
Call for Papers:
We are excited to announce a call for papers for the 6th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics (ICKL-6). Abstract submission is open now for thirty minutes presentations (20-minute + 10-minute for Question & Answer session). Authors are invited to submit anonymized abstracts to the following email address:
Deadline for Submission: April 20, 2023
Notification of Acceptance: May 22, 2023
All abstracts will be anonymously peer-reviewed. In order to be eligible for consideration,
abstracts should conform to the following requirements:
Abstract submission and guidelines
▪ Abstracts should contain original research that, at the time of submission, has neither been published nor accepted for publication.
▪ Submissions are limited to two abstracts maximum per person: one single and one co- authored abstract, or two co-authored works.
▪ Abstracts and talks should be submitted and presented in English.
▪ To ensure anonymity, abstracts should not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way, and should not contain excessive references to the author’s publications or acknowledgements to granting agencies or academic bodies.
▪ Abstracts should not exceed two pages (8.5×11 “letter” or A4) with 1 inch or 2.54cm margins, including all data, figures, tables, and references. The font size must be at least 12pt.
▪ Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
▪ Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format. If the abstract contains phonetic transcriptions or non-ASCII text, please ensure that all fonts are properly embedded.
A selection of edited conference papers is regularly published in the form of journal issue or edited volume. Previous ICKL publications are listed below:
1. ICKL-5: Proceedings Volume, Grazer Plurilingualismus Studien (in progress).
2. ICKL-3: Current Issues in Kurdish Linguistics, University of Bamberg Press (2019)
3. ICKL-2: Kurdish Linguistics: Focus on Variation and Change, Kurdish Studies (2014).
All questions and comments should be addressed to:
Saloumeh Gholami (local organizer): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Schmitt (local organizer): email@example.com
Cemile Celebi (local organizer): firstname.lastname@example.org
Songül Gündoğdu: email@example.com
Ergin Öpengin: firstname.lastname@example.org